Banana berry smoothie with matcha powder for an energy blast that will keep you going until lunch
The last thing anyone wants to do after climbing out of bed in the morning is cook. But at the same time, you obviously want to be satisfied and not have to worry about food when you’re starting your day. What’s the solution? Cramming some delicious and nutritious stuff into your blender and hitting “liquify” for a few seconds to create breakfast-in-a-cup that you can slurp down with a straw as you walk around the house and do everything else you need to do. This energizing morning smoothie is great on its own, but if you don’t think you can survive on liquids only, you can always pair it with toast or an english muffin for something more substantial.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you choose to follow through with these offers. Thank you for your mutual support!
Greek vanilla yogurt is the single best staple ingredient for any and all smoothies. Greek yogurt is full of probiotics, which are incredibly good for your digestive system. Not all yogurts are created equal, so make sure the kind you reach for is loaded with these bad boys! Of course, the “vanilla” part isn’t as important, but it does mix with more stuff than some other flavors do.
Bananas go from not ripe enough to too ripe fairly quickly, if you don’t fly through them in your house. To save them (and to ensure you have another excellent smoothie staple on hand) peel them, chop them in half, stick them in a sandwich baggie and freeze them. Then, when you’re ready to make one of these smoothies you can just grab one half and toss it in the blender. Banana is great to use if you’re looking for something that’s going to curb your appetite for awhile!
Silk Coconut Milk not only tastes amazing, but it’s incredibly good for you. However, you don’t have to use coconut milk if you would prefer the taste of almond milk, oat milk, or even regular milk. But you do need to use some type of liquid to blend everything together properly.
Berries (fresh or frozen)
Banana is a great base, but mix and match any combination of fruits that you’ve got. You can purchase a bag of frozen mixed berries from the grocery store that are packaged with smoothies in mind. Or, if you buy fresh produce, you can bag and freeze as your fruit starts to turn. Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries all work very well, but you can try any fruit you like!
This is another crucial ingredient to making the perfect energizing morning smoothie – protein powder. Vanilla blends easily with other flavors, but you can try chocolate if you prefer. Just make sure whatever you get will blend nicely with the other ingredients that you plan to use. Try this high-protein and high-energy plant based combination from Spiru-Tein.
Whether or not you’re a coffee drinker, who couldn’t use an extra boost of caffeine in the a.m? Just one gram of matcha powder makes a brilliant addition to this energizing morning smoothie recipe!
Give or take
Again, feel free to switch up the ingredients in your energizing morning smoothie as you see fit. Some things that you may be interested in adding are; vanilla ice cream (sure, it’s more of a milkshake that way, but it’s also amazing,) and frozen avocado. Avocado is something else that turns from ripe to yikes in a pretty short period of time, so freezing it’s a great way to save it and have another awesome addition to your smoothies on hand. It doesn’t have much of a taste when you blend it with multiple other flavors, but it’s packed with nutrients and it’s got a creamy texture that works well in a drinkable breakfast!
Pin it for later!
- Online Teaching Props to Keep in Your ESL Classroom
- What to Wear as an Online ESL Teacher to Stay Cool and Comfortable
- What to Eat Between Classes (Very Quickly) When You’re Teaching ESL Online
- Free Apps for Freelancers to Make Your Life Easier
- The Best Financial Apps and Tools for Freelancers That Make Getting Paid Easy AF
- ESL Classroom Setup Tips for Online English Teachers
- Working as a Freelancer is Pretty Amazing. Here’s Why You Should Try It.
- Energizing Morning Smoothie To Start Your Day Off Right
- Tutoring with Cambly: The Bright Side vs The Dark Side
- Earn Steady Money From Home With These Online Jobs That Don’t Require a Degree or a Deposit
- Small Things You Can do to Help the World From Home
- How to Create Your Own Logo for Free Online
- How to Stay Cozy AF This Fall
- Survey Says: The Best Paid Survey Sites to Earn Extra Money From Home
- How to Get The Best Night’s Sleep of Your Life
- Upside Downsides to Working From Home
- Fast and Easy Ways to Earn Extra Money From Home
- How to Avoid Being Scammed Online
- Gender Neutral Gifts to Give The People You Care About The Coziest Season Ever
- How to Earn Money Online With Panel Place
- 5 Things to be Thankful For Today That May Seem Small But Could Flip Your World Upside Down if They Were to Disappear Tomorrow
- Hostinger: Affordable Web Hosting Services for 2020
- 25 Cozy Gifts Under $25 From Amazon That Your Friends Will Absolutely Love
- 10 Time Management Tips for Freelancers
- How to Choose The Best Social Media Platform for Marketing Your Business Based on Your Target Market
- How To Make a Lot of Money Fast Online as a Cam Girl With Entice Live
- Savvy Social Media Tips for Entrepreneurs to Help you Improve Your Brand’s Online Presence
- How to Make a Lot of Money From Home on Chaturbate